One more software comes in front of everyone with active service named as- Zotero software. This tool is more than capable of completing a lot of tasks. But the problem is this that some of the folks may come across issues and errors while installing this software.
For those who don’t know that the Zotero is a research management software that is specially developed for some tasks. No doubt, it is an active and tool because of its excellent collection of options that it brings to the table, and we want to recommend it to everyone who wants to manage their research much easier and impressive than before.
Finally, when you have installed this app, some of the folks may see an error that will don’t allow the installation to complete. At that time, you shouldn’t go ahead and abandon the software because chances are everything is okay with the executable file.
Some steps to solve if “Cannot install Zotero software” Issue:-
First of all, make sure that the Windows Defender is activated because that’s where the problem lies. If it is, then you need to do some of the key changes to the security tool, but please be sure to reverse the changes when the Zotero is installed on your system.
- Press the Windows Key + I Keys to open up the Settings app.
- Then select the Update & Security and click on Windows Security.
- Now select the Open Windows Defender Security Center to run Windows Defender.
- It’s the right time to get down to the get of the issue.
- Then you will see, Zotero is not working correctly because of one or more of the settings within the Exploit protection section.
- If you are not sure that why the problem has created then you need to turn of all.
- For this click on the App & browser control.
- Then scroll down to the bottom, and select Exploit protection settings here.
- A list of options will show now that is on by default.
- Turn off every one of them, then restart your computer system.
- When your computer system starts, please make another attempt to install Zotero.
- After completing installing and checking process that it works without a hitch, get back the Exploit protection settings.
- Here turn on all of the options that you have previously turned off.
All these settings are necessary because they can add an extra layer of security for the Windows 10. Be sure to restart your computer system a second time and you need to check again if Zotero is still working and then you’re done the process.
Suggestion- In case, if you’re facing similar issues with other software during installation, then you can use this trick as well.