Dropbox is the go-to place for most people when it comes to storing and sharing files and folders over the internet. Many times, users are unable to send files and folders via email due to the limited attachment size. They can sign up and create a Dropbox account, and use it to upload and share files. There are a couple of ways to share folders in Dropbox. Here are two ways:
From the website
- Launch any internet browsing software on the computer.
- Visit the Dropbox website by entering www.dropbox.com in the URL bar.
- Now, you will be directed to your account page if you are signed in already.
- Or else, to sign in, hit the Sign in option located in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Fill in the email and password for Dropbox in the respective fields and click on Sign in.
- After signing in to your Dropbox account, go to the Files tab located in the left list.
- Now, you will be able to see all the stored Dropbox files.
- Pick the folder you wish to share and highlight it by clicking on the square next to it.
- Now, just click on the Share button located next to the name of the selected folder.
- In the prompt that appears, carefully type the email ID of the individual you wish to share the file with.
- In order to share the file with more than one individual, hit the Space key and enter the new email address.
- Now, click on the Can edit option located below the X button.
- Select if people can edit, delete, comment, and add the file to their Dropbox or if they can view, download, and comment. Click on either Can edit or Can view.
- Now, just type any comment in the field. You may also skip it.
- Hit the blue Share button located at the lower right corner of the screen.
- Now, your folder will get shared with others.
From the application
- Firstly, you need to launch the Dropbox application on your phone.
- After that, sign in to your Dropbox account with the email and password.
- Select the Files tab from the lower portion of the screen.
- Now, you will be able to see all the stuff stored in your Dropbox.
- Locate the folder you want to share with others.
- Hit the More button located next to the folder’s name. It will be represented by three dots.
- Now, from the list of options, select Share.
- Just type in the email address of the recipient. To add another recipient, hit the space bar and enter the other email address.
- Now, tap on the Can edit option and select whether the recipient can view or edit the folder.
- You can also type in a comment. This is purely optional.
- Just click on the Send button located at the upper right-hand edge of the Share screen.