If you are facing issue in turning on the WiFi mobile hotspot and you will get a message “We can’t set up the mobile hotspot, Turn on Wi-Fi” on your Windows 10 computer system, here, you will get few suggestions to fix this hotspot problem.
Problem is the Mobile hotspot not working in Windows 10
The error message is “We can’t set up the mobile hotspot, Turn on Wi-Fi.”
At present, the Internet is a necessity for people, and everyone wants it everywhere if you have not the mobile data and broadband they you need to take the hotspot from someone for the internet. However, mobile hotspot is a very comfortable option for everyone, but sometimes it shows the configuration error message.
Mobile hotspot is a technology which allows you to share your internet connection with other devices through the WiFi feature.
Before starts the process to fix these errors, we will suggest you check your hotspot connection with another device so that you know that the issue if with your hotspot settings in Windows PC or in the device you are connecting.
The second recommendation is, you should check if the internet connection is working correctly or not, is it your system or the connection itself is occurring the problem.
Well, if you have checked both theses suggestion and then you still get this issue again, and then you can move below-given solutions :-
1- Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter:
Windows 10 PC includes the troubleshooters for all type of issues, check with it first and confirms that what is the exact error is going on.
- Go to the Search bar and type the Troubleshoot of your PC and open the Troubleshoot settings.
- Scroll down the right pane and choose the ‘Network Adapter’ and then click on the ‘Run Troubleshooter’ option.
- The PC will automatically start the checking for the possible errors and try to detect the issue.
Suggestion- If you are a frequent user of PC then you must know that the outdated drivers are also a cause because of this error. So first you need to check your windows drivers and update your Network adapter driver if you are getting the issues in connecting your mobile hotspot.
To update the driver, you need to open the Device Manager.
- Type the Device Manager in the search box and open it.
- Move to the Network Adapters, and select your Network Adapter from the list and right click on it.
- Select the Update driver
- After that, reboot your PC.
- Then check if this process resolves the issue of your mobile hotspot.
2- Change Adapter Settings:
- Launch the Mobile Hotspot settings on your PC.
- Then press the Win+I keys to open Settings section and move to Network and Internet.
- Scroll down the left pane and then select the Mobile Hotspot.
- Navigate to ‘Related Settings’ from the right pane and then click on the Change adapter options.
- Confirm your mobile hotspot adapter and right click and move to Properties.
- Open the Sharing tab and Uncheck “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection.”
3- Via Registry Editor:
- Type the regedit in Start menu and then open Registry Editor.
- Right-click and choose the Run as administrator.
- Now move to the following registry key which is the given below:
- Right-click on the HostedNetworkSettings in the right pane and select the Delete option.