Instagram is a social media app that allows its users to share pictures and videos from their lives. By using Instagram, you can add captions, edit filters, engage with others, tweak settings, search and creep, and so on. If you’ve spent a good amount of your precious time with Instagram, you must already be aware of most of its features.
But I know that everyone doesn’t have time to dig around and experiment with the app. Well, in this blog, you will be told about a feature you may have used yet. There’s an option provided in your Instagram app by using which you can choose to stop Instagram from presenting specific users in front of you or anywhere within the app unless you decide to seek them out manually.
Note: Once you hide an individual account, you are unlikely to unhide them. So pick carefully, though – keep in mind this isn’t like unfollowing or blocking someone.
- Open your Instagram app on phone or PC.
- Sign in to your Instagram by entering the name and password, tap on the “Sign in” button. (Or you can choose the Log In With Facebook option instead.)
- Tap on the Search button. You will find it near the bottom left-hand corner of your screen. (It represents a magnifying glass.)
- Tap on the “Search bar.” You will find it at the very top of the screen.
- Tap on the “Top or People” option.
- Here, you will need to select and hold the account that you want to suppress.
- Tap on the “Hide” button. You will find it towards the bottom of the screen.
Note: This hide button is a hidden gem. It helps you hide accounts from your recommendations, even if you keep looking at their account. Thus, the hide button is your solution to hide individual accounts on Instagram.
Finally, the account you have hidden will no longer appear in your suggestions list.
Thanks for reading my blog; I hope that the information provided in it is going to be useful to you.
Robert Coleman is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Samuel has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup